Monday, May 6, 2013

Suprapubic Denied

Hello all.


Well, you can probably guess the news by reading the title of this journal.  For some of you, it means that you can say that you read the journal "fully," in spite of the actual truth.  Still, there are those of you whom I know sticks around for all of the info, so I'll give a break-down of what all happened.

Once at the hospital (6:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time), I had to get my vitals checked and had to have some blood drawn.  I was then set to go to Radiology (those who would do the procedure) and had my Port accessed, flushed, and they got blood return (which was good).  After that, I had to have an antibiotic pumped into my system before I began, so I had to wait for a while.  Once the antibiotics were through, I was put on the table (where the procedure would take place) and they shaved me...yeah, in that lower area.  It was necessary for easier access.

Anyway, after some waiting and them looking at the UltraSound, I was told that they couldn't do it.  Long story short, my bladder is too full of "excess" (the cancer, if I had to guess) to really allow this tube to go in the way that they wanted.  They showed me the scans and decided to simply send me back to my room.  I wasn't upset or anything; I even thanked them for the extra info that they gave to me.  Better to try and know than not try and wonder.

So, yeah, that's pretty much it.  All I can do now is wait for more news and wait for more phone calls.  As I wait, I thank you all for sticking with me, in one way or another.


Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment