Monday, May 6, 2013

Long Cath Weekend

Hi.


This is something I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget, hence the journal.  I mean, I doubt that I'll forget anytime soon, but I want to keep dates and such in check.

So, on Saturday, October 15, 2011, at around 8:00 P.M., I started having catheter problems.  Long story short, nothing is supposed to be coming from around your catheter, nor should you really feel the urge to pee too much with one in.  We went to the hospital to get one replaced before, after it not working, heading to my main doctors (the ones from whom I get my chemo).  After two more catheter tries, they had a final solution to use a camera to make sure it was going in properly.  So, yeah, 4th time was the charm...not that anyone should have to get 4 catheters in one day, but you know what I mean.  I arrived home at about 6:00 P.M., Sunday, October 16, 2011, got washed up, and got into the bed.

Things are fine now, even though I must now adjust a bit to this new catheter they have in me.  It's not really a new model so much as the configuration is a little different.  But, yes, I'm fine, always happy in spirit, and thankful that they got to see what the problem was and were able to fix it.

As a side note, Lidocaine Gel is very helpful in catheter situations!

Anyway, that's it for now.  I'll update again later on, and I thank you all still for the love and support.  My spirits remain high, and you all help to keep it there!


Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment