Monday, May 6, 2013

Being Strong

Greetings.

Well, surgery is long over, as is chemo therapy, and I'm now just waiting for the call in when I'll get a CAT scan.  I talked to my Urologist today and, given how things are, the Foley catheter is still in me.

In leaving it in, there's a risk that there could be blood in my urine due to the cancer being so close to my bladder; in taking it out, I could go through complications again with urination and would have to go through the same thing I went through a few weeks ago (urinary retention).  Either way, there's a risk...and my doctor and my Dad felt that it's best to leave the catheter in.

I've got to say...I just feel weird now...so much is happening, I'm trying my best with things...and it's one thing after another.  All I can do is keep on fighting...and I'm starting to feel tired.  I'm not about to quit...but I really wish that things would actually get better for me.  Sure, they could be worse...but I have a few reservations about a few things.

I'm not going to vent right now...just...thank you all for the love and support.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment