Monday, May 6, 2013

Chemo Therapy Start (Oct. 2012)

Hi all.


Chemo therapy started with me today.  The process took a while but, given that it's the first day, everything had to be set up before things could begin.  Given the pre-meds I was given, I took a nap through most of the process; still, I could kind of tell when there was a change of medicine or start of chemo from how things felt inside of me (not to mention that some medicines can leave a taste in your mouth).

Afterward, I feel okay.  Tired, mostly, and kind of full (given the fluids and chemo in me), but I'm okay.  I'll keep this up until Friday and, on Saturday, go for a shot that will build my blood cells back up.

Also, for the whole sterilization topic from the last journal, the doctor told me that there's a high chance of it affecting me.  He also told me that I may have already been affected.  Given the chemo I took already, there's a high possibility that I've already been sterile for months now.  Added to that, I was told by my Urologist that my cancer is blocking a certain "tube" inside of my pelvis; thus, even if I wanted to go to a sperm bank or get tested for fertility, my body is unable to produce any "samples" to use.

All in all, "what happens will happen."  There's not much I can do now except for go through with the treatments.  I do thank you all, however, for the love and support that ya'll have been giving me.  I know that there are many out there supporting me, but it does a body and mind and spirit much good to have that reassured by your comments, be them from journals, comments, messengers, or other means and processes.  Thank you again for helping me through this, and I wish you all the very best as well.


Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment