Monday, May 6, 2013

Knowing the Radiating Details

Hey again.


I went and found out more about the whole radiation therapy treatments that I'll be receiving.  Compared to chemo, it should be easier to handle.  I go in, undress, put on a gown, and lie on a table as an X-Ray passes its light through me.  I have to do this for five weeks (excluding weekends), and I must make sure to be in the same, exact position each and every time.

Side effects?  Slight burning with liquid voiding and some diarrhea...none of which I should feel until the 3rd week of treatment.

After Radiation, I then have to wait about 4 weeks before surgery can begin.  All in all, I'm looking at about a May surgery (but my catheter may be gone much sooner than then).

All in all, this was just an update on what happened today.  I'm tired, so I'm just going to rest for a bit.  I thank you all for the support, the love, and the faith.  It means so much to me.


See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment