Monday, May 6, 2013

Prepping for Chemo Therapy, New Rounds

Greetings all.

Well, I talked to the doctor today, and I'll be getting my chemo therapy in the same area that I got my radiation therapy...well, the same facility, but a different part of the building.

Everything seems to be pretty set, and I found that I may not lose all of my hair...it'll thin, and some may fall out, but I shouldn't be completely bald.  The process is pretty much going to take 1 hour a day (2 and a half hours on the first day) for all of next week.  These chemicals shouldn't feel as bad as what I dealt with before, but there's still that whole essence of fatigue and a nausea feeling.

About the only thing that made me think a bit was how, for one of the two drugs that'll be put in my body, it may potentially cause sterilization...meaning that I may not be able to have kids in the future.  I do want a family one day...but I want to live long enough to get to that point as well.

All in all, this coming week shouldn't be so bad. It was good to see familiar faces again, and I thank all of you who came by with well wishes, warm encouragement, and uplifting words.  Knowing that my friends are there for me during this helps a great deal.  Take care, and I'll keep you updated.

Peace Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment