Monday, May 6, 2013

No Pills, but Suprapubic Soon

Hey all.

I was going to post a journal like this at the end of the week, but I thought I'd go ahead and give an update now while things are fresh on mind.

On Monday, I got some blood in me.  This is the third time I had to get blood since this all started.  This meant traveling to the Medical University of South Carolina, of course, but no big deal.  On Tuesday, we went to go see the doctor once more (we got a hotel so we wouldn't have to drive 200 miles home and then 200 miles back to MUSC).  I was told that, due to the radiation therapy I had a year ago (given where it was done), I was disqualified from getting the Chemo Therapy pills.  Still, in due time, I'm scheduled to get some chemo therapy in me later on for the sake of cancer shrinkage.

I do admit, though, that I wonder how that may go.  Today, Wednesday, March 6th, 2013, I got my catheter changed.  With that, I also asked about getting a Suprapubic cystostomy.  Long story short, this would be something that goes into my bladder through my pelvis (not my penis) and would still help to drain the fluid from my bladder.  Considering the "long term" effects of this cancer, having this done would help me a lot (and feel more comfortable, I'd bet).

I just recently found that my Suprapubic surgery is scheduled for Monday, March 11, 2013.  Because of this, I must wait for about 2 weeks before getting any sort of chemo therapy (have to have some time to heal up).  After that, however, THEN comes the process of getting chemo therapy treatment.

Anyway, I'm just resting for now, waiting to see what more happens and where I have to go next.  Do take care, and I wish you all the best; thank you for often checking up on me!


Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment