Monday, May 6, 2013

Sampling Some Radiation

Hey again.


Thursday, March 8th, I went back to the doctor's office to get a sample of how Radiation Therapy works.  I undress from the waist down (I can keep on my socks) and I lie on this table that has a special mold for my legs.  This mold helps me to be in the exact same position for when I get the treatments done.  They also marked on me around the waist area so that they'd know the proper areas and alignment for me being on the table.

After that, the process itself just takes a few minutes of me going through a CAT scan.  Afterward, I get dressed and can leave.  I don't know when the official dates for this start just yet, but I do go back on Monday to talk about scheduling.  I also go to the doctor again Tuesday (back to the main doctors) so that they can see about my catheter.  Hopefully, I'll have it fully removed.

That's about it for updates on things.  I like to keep track of a lot of what I have to do.  Helps knowing some things, just in case, y'know?  Thank you for reading and supporting, as always; it means a lot to me


Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment