Monday, May 6, 2013

More to Go - Cancer and Chemo Update

Hello again.

I should probably update a bit more but, for the most part, not too much has been happening as of late.  Nevertheless, I'll do my best to keep everyone informed on things that are going on.

On Saturday, September 29th 2012, I was Baptized.  Given my cancer and my younger brother going into the army, it was felt that doing so would be a good idea.  We were supposed to have gotten it done years back, from what I recall, but now's a good time as wel.  Heh, that water was very cold but, after it was all done, I felt pretty good...refreshed, if you will.

As for October 2nd, 2012, I went to the doctor again to get checked up.  I had to go through another CAT scan, and I found out that I'm not done with things yet.

Remember how I had a lesion on my liver?  Now I've got three small lesions on my lungs.  They all originate from the Sarcoma in my pelvis, apparently, but the Sarcoma itself can't come out yet until the smaller stuff is dealt with in my body.  Chemo, Radiation, and Surgery are the three ways to treat cancer, as I was told, and the first two must be done fully before the third can happen.

So, for now, I have to go through another small round of chemo therapy.  It'll be only for two sets of 5 days (all out-patient, so I come right home after it), and it should be happening within a week or so.  I've at least got my pain meds refilled, so I'm confident on handling whatever else there is to endure.  I can't help but grin a bit at how I'll lose my hair again, but it'll grow back.

I thank you all for stopping by, showing me support, and keeping in touch with me.  I wish I heard from a few more of you, but I'm always happy for those who do stop by and show me love.  May the best be with you all!


Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment